The 12th Barron River Challenge will be held on 27-28 May 2023. The Challenge is a down river race where paddlers can choose to compete on 20km, 30km or 50km sections of the Barron River between Mareeba and Kuranda. Juniors (16+) and/or Open paddlers may enter in single or double craft. Relay ‘Teams of 4’ provide the perfect platform for groups of friends to develop paddling skills over less enduring distances.
Like us on facebook for updates.
Registrations open March 8th and close May 20th.
Proudly sponsored by
- Pacific Coast Marathon Series Results Nov 25, 2023After four rounds of competition it is my pleasure to announce the 2023 Pacific Coast Marathon Series Champions. To view the full results of each distance, please scroll to the end of the section to download. Long Course Name Class Gender Events Points Tony Bowman 45-49 SKI Male 2 101 … Pacific Coast Marathon Series […]
- Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series Results Nov 24, 2023After four rounds of competition it is my pleasure to announce the 2023 Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series Champions. To view the full results of each class, please scroll to the end of the section to download. Name Class Gender Events Points Helen Chorley 40 SS1 Female 3 205 Luke … Pacific Coast Ocean Racing […]
- 2023 Canoe Sprint Championships Results Nov 14, 2023Saturday 11 to Sunday 12 November 2023 It was great to be back on the water and see over 70 athletes take to the water over 200/500/1000/2500/5000 events. Saturday’s Results Sunday’s Results Click on each to download. State Team Selection for 2024 Nationals• Athletes who wish to be considered for … 2023 Canoe Sprint Championships […]
- Paddle Pathways – Get to Know Sprint Kayak World Champion Jackson Collins Dec 5, 2023AFL rookie turned Sprint Kayaker, Jackson Collins developed his love for paddling as a surf lifesaving nipper. With his sights now firmly set on Paris 2024 and achieving his Olympic dream, the 25 year old relocated to the Gold Coast almost 18 months ago where he trains under Men’s Sprint Kayak Coach, Jimmy Owens, at […]
- 2023 ICF CANOE OCEAN RACING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS COMES TO A STUNNING CLOSE IN PERTH Dec 2, 2023The 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships has come to a stunning close, with the first ever SS-2 (Doubles) world champions crowned on the final day of competition at Perth’s Scarborough Beach. More than 60 crews teamed up to represent their country in the first ever official SS-2 race, it’s second appearance at an […]
- 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships SNR, JNR, Para and U23 medalists Dec 1, 2023Congratulations to our 2023 ICF Canoe Ocean Racing World Championships Senior, Para, U23 and Junior medalists. OVERALL MEN’S Cory Hill (AUS) Hank McGregor (RSA) Joshua Fenn (RSA) OVERALL WOMEN’S Jemma Smith (AUS) Michelle Burn (RSA) Kira Bester (RSA) SENIOR MEN’S Cory Hill (AUS) Joshua Fenn (RSA) Oscar Jones (AUS) SENIOR WOMEN’S Jemma Smith (AUS) Melanie […]